The Blood Of Christ
September 5, 1999 -- Pastor Ronnie Wolfe
I. THE PICTURE OF THE BLOOD OF CHRIST
A. Pictured In Adam's Salvation
1. Gen. 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of
skins, and clothed them.
2. Adam had sinned presumptuously against God
3. Rom. 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death
by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
4. His fig leaves were not sufficient for salvation. God had to kill an
animal to get the "coats of skins" to clothe Adam and Eve.
B. Pictured In The Levitical Law
1. Lev. 1:5 And he shall kill the bullock before the LORD: and the priests,
Aaron's sons, shall bring the blood, and sprinkle the blood round about upon
the altar that [is by] the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
2. This is a sin offering: Le 5:9 And he shall sprinkle of the blood of the
sin offering upon the side of the altar; and the rest of the blood shall be
wrung out at the bottom of the altar: it [is] a sin offering.
3. Lev. 17:11 For the life of the flesh [is] in the blood: and I have given
it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it [is]
the blood [that] maketh an atonement for the soul.
4. Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also
the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
5. Rom. 6:23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is]
eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
6. Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and
without shedding of blood is no remission.
II. THE POWER IN THE BLOOD OF CHRIST
A. Power In Redemption.
1. 1 Pet. 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with
corruptible things, [as] silver and gold, from your vain conversation
[received] by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the precious blood of
Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
2. Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood
he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption
B. Power In Justification
1. Rom. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be
saved from wrath through him. 10 For if, when we were enemies, we were
reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we
shall be saved by his life.
III. THE PROSPECT OF THE BLOOD OF CHRIST
A. It justifies -- Ro 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we
shall be saved from wrath through him.
B. It unifies -- 1Co 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the
communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the
communion of the body of Christ?
C. Brings us near to God -- Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes
were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
D. Brings Peace -- Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his
cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, [I say], whether
[they be] things in earth, or things in heaven.
E. Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal
Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead
works to serve the living God?
F. Boldness to enter into God's throne room. Heb 10:19 Having therefore,
brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
G. Sanctifies -- Heb 13:12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the
people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
H. Cleanses from all sin -- 1 Jon 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in
the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ
his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
I. Gives us victory over Satan -- Re 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood
of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their
lives unto the death.